Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An attempt at something worthwhile

Hey everyone, its me. My day was so uneventful that its not even really worth recounting. Work, sleep, workout, home for chilling. Pretty base. Anyway, I was jsut watching two-a-days, that show that documents hoover high schools football program, and it made me want to play football so badly. I really wish I had played back in high school. but I can't, and really I shoulf have, but now ill just focus everything I have into powerlifting and lightweight strongman stuff, until I find something better. Anyhow, I promised a longer rant about Obesity, one of my favorite topics (So beloved that I even capitalize it, giving it proper noun status). So, lets get to it!

Obesity- An epidemic of Sloth!

Why are Americans- Indeed, the world- getting so fat? Why has the obesity rate become such a shocking statistic and terrifiying dynamic since the 70's? The simple answer, of course, is high fructose corn syrup. But there is obviusly a lot more to the situation then that. There is an entire culture that is based around food, a gross little sub clique of nerds and stangefolk who yummy on down on all manner of sweets, not thinking about what they are doing to their bodies. This is undermining the success of the human bodys potential, as its trapped in a world of fat and slowly destoryed in a manner it was never meant to have the luxery to afford. Anyway, I'm of the opinion that stressful lives and a general lessoning of emphisis on the importantance of the body as compared to the mind in contempary society is largely responsable. When the physical is thought of as dirty and beneth the mental, then its only natural for people to stay within one and never develope the other. Honestly, it disgusts me when I see huge fat people, but it also evokes pity. Have you lost so much control of yourself that you allow your body to become a grotesque monster, all while you have complete control over it? No one is making you eat. I understand there are emotional eaters and other people like that, but seriously, take some control of your life and look in the mirror. Like what you see? If not, change it. Its really as simple as that. I'm probably addicted to wrking out, but even so, there is no excuse to be anymore then 15% body fat if you your a male. Ever. In my humble opinion, at least. And these behemoths that are staggering around, this ridiculous notion of fat culture and fat rights? I don't care if your happy the way you are. First of all, that probably a crutch, and rightly so as the crushing weight of your revolting body prohibits you from normal movement. Secondly, you wont be happy for long when your body turns against you. Please, for the love of god, have some responsability, both intellectually and physically, and take control of yourself. I laugh at people who put all their pride into their job or their car or perhaps some odd type of knowledge, but let their body- WHERE THEY FUCKING LIVE--disintigate around them. I guess ultimatly its your call, and theres so much more to be said on this that im going to continue it tommorow!



Maybe.


No quote today.

-DH

No comments: