Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On today, nd my key is stuck!

Hello readers. Hope all is well with you. Tody was exhusting. I barely slept at all last night, so for the first thrid of the day I was quite the zombie. I hate not being well rested, but I made it through the day and slept like a baby this afternoon. Workout went well, but I did not have the fire like I should. Next time, I hope.

Onto the rant! (Ps: I promise these will get lot better once I go back to school, as my life will probbly be more exciting and ill lso have no time constraints in which to write. I'll probably feture some new aspects to it, different parts. Should be fun!)

Rant: Naturalism, and finding wonder in the strangest and most normal places.

I was wlking over to the basement tody, and I saw meteor. It streaked acrss the sky in blaze of white light, and then it was gone back into the drkness of the night. I then remembered tht tody was the lst day that the persids, or the Tears of Saint Lawrence, were supposed to be visable. So I thought about it, and had my head cocked u to the sky for the rest of the walk to the door. It blew me way. Here I was, thinking about my workout and what I need to improve upon, and a huge rock burns up in the atmpsphere above me, leaving a trail of light. It was like a miracle. It made me really appriciate the wonders of the world, the under bellys of leafs and the strange swarm ming of ant colonies. The world is a mystery, and when I see things like that it makes me think about how it would be hard for everything to have just happened. Surely something must have designed something as complex as the human body. But Evolution makes sense to, and perhaps the designer is just trial and error, what works and what doesent. but maybe its not. No way to tell. I'd argue that the fact that science exists at all, that there are a set of rules and principals to which everything in existnce is goverened, is more evidence of a designer then any biological feat. How coincidental is that that everything happens to make sense? Obviously something is going on here. God or no god, and I dont believe he is neccisarily benevolant if he exists, the world is still a marvoulous place filled with stuff that routinely blows my mind on the daily. For all the bad inside of it, theres a lot of interesting shizzle.

Quote!

"All good things are wild, and free"- Henry David Therou

No comments: