Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wax poetical

Day 2 of the grat southern trip

This was the day that we went to Gettysburg, nice and early in the morning. We encountered an over eager historian type who told us about the park, then went on a short tour of the museum before getting out into the fields thmselves. There is something humbling and queting in walking through the fields where tns of thousand died and the fate of our nation was largely determined. We posed on top of monuments and lookd ovr the rocky outcrops to the battlefields below. After that, we decided to leave the park and make a bee-line toward Alabama, our destination for the third day of our journey.

We missed th supposed second sonic on th list, locatd in Winchester Virginia. We drove for what felt like forever before getting off the high way in the small town of Salem, Virginia. Here, we were able to find sonic, and wer greeted by a strange fellow bearing an excess of honey mustard and the nam tag that read "Fuzzy Lumpkin". This fine fellow decided to make a game of Ryans well known honey mustard infatuation, and smotherd him in an excess of the sweetest sauce. Ryan enjoyed it very much.

We then drove through what I consider to be the prettiest region we encountered in our trip, that of Western Virginia. It was rolling hills and farms, beautiful green land. It was gorgous, especcially th areas around blacksburg and christiansburg. We drove through Virginia into Tennessee, which stood in guady juxtoposition in comparison to the rural beauty that was W.Virginia. We stopped at a wafflehouse near Knoxville, and it was an experiance. Its a prerequisite to be overweight, miserable and otherwise mishapen to be employed by a wafflehouse in the Tn. Valley, if you were curious. From there we continued to Jettison southward, into rural westrn Georgia, where we found a hotel and stayed the night, watching olympic weight lifting (heavy weight women) until our eyes were weighed down into sleepy submission.

Now for today-

Slept in late, got up, mulled about. Didnt do much until my mother got home from work, when we then went to I-party for my fathers birthday, and bought im some cool stuff. She then took me out to Outback and w discussed some aspects of my life. There are so many things that only my mom knows about me. You can easily say we are extreamly close and feel no apprhension in doing so.

After that I guilted myself into working out, did alright. good military presses, but my legs were really sore so my explosivness in olympic lifting was not really there. Gotta improve that, thinking of buying some Glutamine.

Hung at the basement after that.

I am over the river that tore through the forrest earlier this summer, but the ocean of the year beggining is wide and I think I might b still stranded. I speak in illusion, but man do I miss what once was.

Rant suspended for the time being.

Quote too?

No comments: