Sunday, August 10, 2008

Its been a while

Its been a few days since I last blogged and honestly I have no excuse for it. Just been taking it easy I guess. I'm gonna try to blog extensivly this week as I'll be going on a roadtrip pretty soon and wont have internet access for the most part. Anyway, here we go.

Today I didnt do much. Slept in pretty late, got up and felt very sore. I had a pretty good workout yesterday doing the olympic lifts. The Snatch is one of my new favorites, I think I'm gonna start training those more often and hopeully compete sometime soon. It was a lot of fun. Anyway, I woke up this morning and generally did nothing for a few hours. Then me, Jaclyn, Crescenzo, Ed and Clark went to see Pineapple Express. It was alright, but I dont think it lived up to the hype. Then I came home and ate dinner, rediscovered the show freaks and geeks and watched that for a while, then went to the basement. Lane and I mapped out the Great southern Trip, or the most part, and I'm feeling a lot better about it overall now.

I have no idea what I want to blog about.

This could be a problem

I guess I'm going to blog about something really random. I'm actually going to go to Wikipedia, hit the random article thing, and use that for inspiration.

IQ tests

I dont know how much faith I put in these tests. They seem sort of arbitrary, and not an indicator of real world success. I have always done pretty well on them, and I dont think I'm any better off for having done so. honestly, I think Emotional intelligence, like how you relate to people and empthize, is much more important. Still, I think IQ tests, if anything, are indicitive of someones potential to learn something. to pick up on something quickly. All these child genius types do very well, and gifted societies use them as a cut off for their programs. So who knows, maybe a test can tell me if I have it in my to be a genius. The real task, dear readers, is turning the key and activating it. Tapping into your potential. So many smart people let countless oppertunites rush by them by becasuse they are to lazy, or perhaps afraid, to accept a real challenge when it comes a'knockin. No more of that. Conquest. Take the world, if your capable.


"Many people let oppertunity pass them by because its wearing overalls and dressing up like hard work"

2 comments:

asiantom said...

I really like how you went to Wikipedia for a random topic.

Do it more often maybe?

asiantom said...

Well to elaborate, I like how you went to Wikipedia, and I liked the thoughts.

jeezuz.