Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is up with me?

I get o moody, and nothing triggers it. I really dont undertand it. I can go from having a blast to being bummed out in the blink of an eye. I wonder if everyone i thi way? Today wa ok, worked, came home, took a short nap then went to the movies. Hung out with some new people, and I'm sure I'll be getting to know them better as time goes on. Anyway, I have a headache and I'm a bit overtired, but the blog must go on. So here goes nothing.

Sometimes Irish muic really relaxes me. Othertimes I think that its not even really Irih muic that I like, but rather Americanized irish muic. Which bring me to todays rant. National Allegiance: tribute to who you are or standing on a pedestal made of race?

I was born in Winchester, Massachusetts, which conincidently i also one of my least favorite places in the world. But that not the point. Being born on American soil, I am 100% American. I have actually never left the country, and only once have been across the Mississippi river. So I'm very much born and raied in America. However, when people ask my nationality, I have never said 100% American. I identify most strongly with my Irish and German roots, although apparently I have a good deal of English blood in my veins as well. (My family hail from Coventry, if you were at all curious). Is this right?

Well, I have never been to Ireland or Germany. Neither have my parents. If you go back far enough, someone has, but i have almost nothing in common with that person culterally. Be like me and a true german having lunch together proba bly. Having never left America, how can i claim any allegiance to any other nation? In reality, I'm American, and nothing else. But why is that so....boring.

I am probably les bored then most, as I love American lore and history. But still, comparitivly, it much les interesting then the complex and ever chngn hitories or thoe other nations. Theres something empowering about having come from knights and lords, as opposed to shoe shiners from long island and salesman from des moines.

Anyway, im to tired or this right now. More tommorow, then none for a bit.

No comments: