Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life looks better from a star thats right above from where you are

This will be my last blog until at least next thursday, unless situations change and I come into contact with a computer. Today was my last day at work, and I am glad to be done with that place. I have honestly never been around more miserable people trapped in a life they dont enjoy then when I am there. The scary part is, I have a sinking feeling that Mico isint that unusual as far as work places go. But a I know I am destined for education, hopefully I'll be able to avoid all that.

I suppose that that is a bit of an anouncement, so I guess I'll make it now. I decided a few months ago that I am going to work in education, in ome capacity anyway. Probably a high school or middle school teacher, although I toy with the idea of working at a community college. Also, a big part of me wants to work in ESL in other countrys. After I graduate, I'm going to teach english in Asian for a year. Should be fun. Its nice to have ome idea of what I'm going to be doing with myself down the line I suppose. The ultimate goal, as always, is to be a writer, but as anyone who write knows, one mut write to be a writer, and I just dont write that often. I wish I did, and I easily could, but I just don;t. No explanation, just excuses. But what happens to a dream defered? I'd rather not know, and I promise you my name will be in print down th way.

Also, I am looking into getting an olympic weight lifting coach and sriously dedicating myself to the training of strength athletics. I have a lut for glory, for individual exaltation, and I will not be sated until I achave that which I apire to. Lets see how far I can take this, shall we?

LAter tonight, I watched the Olympics. It was the Female Gymnastics individual finals, and I had two heavy favorites in Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin. I find thm both very attractive, and alo athltic. Does it speak to my inherent sexism that I chose that order for the words? Maybe. Anyway, Nastia got gold and Shawn Johnson got silver, so it was definetly a success. Hopefully they will be back for more a few years down the line.

It's rant time....


Todays topic....Insomnia- Fact or Fiction, and arnt you to tired to tell anyway?

I have a lot of troubl getting to sleep a lot of the time. Most ights of the week, epccially lately, I'm lucky if I get 5 hours. Then I generally gt a two hour nap in the aftrnoon. Whil I dont think that thi qualifys me for Inomniac status, I do belive that I should be catching more Z's than I am, especcially as I considr myself a strngth athlete and les recovery time means less time to train means les progress. But I digress. Is Insomnia a real diase, or i it all in your head?

I find that the reason I cant sleep is uually an ovractive mind. I reflct on the days evnts, and soemtim major life themes and motiffs. It an odd xperiance, and even though I waste aay with little to no sleep, I end up being a bit more knowldgabl to my inner self then I was. but I'm getting off topic. Is it a real condition, or do I ust have to much going on to rest my weary mind?

Well, I alrady said I dont have insomnia, so I guess I'm not the person to ask. But I dont nccisarily belive it legit.

I need more interesting rant topics....



Quote "Me, we". Shortest commencement speach ever delivered, Mohammad Ali to th graduating clas of Harvard some random year.


Dunno when I'll be back, Love you all!


-DH

1 comment:

asiantom said...

Have fun on your trip with the others.

I'd like to go to Japan one day.

Doe wants to live there.

Teach English in Japan, HA!